I am delighted and thrilled to be nominated for the Liebster Award by caronbull at Diminshing Thoughts. I find these awards a great way of getting to know other bloggers and meeting new ones. I hope my nominees will take the award as the compliment it is meant and get in the spirit of spreading blog love.
These are the rules:
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
Let the bloggers know you nominated them
Give them 11 questions of your own
11 Questions from Caronbull at Diminishing Thoughts:
1. What inspires you?
A book that simply blows my mind without being difficult to read, but is very plausible.
2.Who’s your favourite character in a book (not necessarily your favourite book)?
I really like Dr Maura Isles from Tess Gerritsen books but I also like Kim Stone from Angela Marsons books too.
3. What got you started on reading?
Penguin children’s books, I remember reading Charlotte’s Web and story collections from an early age. Then as I got older Sweet Valley High books followed by Stephen King, Virginia Andrews and more Stephen King.
4. Who is your bookish role model (author/blogger…etc.)?
I admire so many, it’s hard to single out one, but JK Rowling is pretty inspirational.
5. If your favourite book were a sandwich, what sandwich would it be (name your favourite book too)?
My most recent favourite book was Disclosure by Renee Knight and it would be my prawn mayo baguette.
6. If you could choose one book world to live in, what would it be?
I would love to be a vampire in the Twilight books because I hate having to do my hair and make up.
7.Favourite TV show based off a book (or vice versa)
War and Peace miniseries.
8. What is your favourite genre?
Thrillers of all descriptions and well written literary fiction.
9. Bookstore or Library?
Bookstore. I love the smell of books and its the only time I get to appreciate book covers as most of my books are on Kindle.
10. What was the last book you read?
Viral by Helen Fitzgerald
11. Preferred reading spot and/or position?
Comfortably reclined with my feet up.
My 11 Nominees:
The Best and Worst of Horror/Sci-fi
Eliza’s Reading Corner
The River of Books Blog
Em Does Book Reviews
This Life in Books
Asp Book Reviews
An Aussie Bookworm
Reading Other People
What to read now
My 11 Questions:
1. What’s your favourite genre?
2. How do you keep track of which books you’ve read?
3. Do you re-read books? Why?
4. What’s your favourite film based on a book?
5. What do you think of negative book reviews?
6. What are your views on ereaders?
7. Do you listen to audiobooks?
8. What was your favourite book before you reached your teens?
9. What do you do with your old books?
10. Are you part of a book club?
11. How do you feel about book spoilers?